Duration: 4 1/2 hours Approx.
Departure Time: (According to the cruise timetable).
You will visit the archaeological site of Pachacamac, located about one hour from Callao port. It was the most important religious sanctuary in this region. It is placed on the right riverbank of Lurín River and occupies an area of 200 hectares.
You begin the excursion visiting the Site Museum where you will see the sacred wooden idol of Pachacamac God discovered in 1938.
After that, we will drive to make the tour of the sanctuary started to be built during the Lima culture and later during the Wari civilization. The sanctuary was in use during the Inca Empire until the time when the Spaniards looted the site.
You will visit the different sections of the complex:
– The Temple of the Selected Women (1470 – 1533 A.D.)
The temple was built by the Incas for women dedicated to the cult of the Sun god. It is possible to identify the typical Inca architecture in the trapezoidal niches within and around rooms and decorated ashlars and windows.
– The Temple Old Temple (200 – 650 A.D.)
It is a construction made in small adobes “adobitos” that permit to suppose it was one of the first structures of the place built during the Lima culture.
– The Painted Temple (200 – 1470 A.D.)
The temple was decorated with anthropomorphic figures,fish, birds and plants painted red and yellow and outlined in black.
This was the site where according to some chroniclers and researchers was located the idol of the god Pachacamac.
– The Taurichumpi Complex (1470 – 1533 A.D.)
It is known with this name because of was the residence of the Inca curaca Taurichumpi who lived here during the Spanish invasion.
– The Temple of the Sun (1470 – 1533 A.D.)
This construction is 40 meters height, it is the tallest in the sanctuary and the best preserved.
The historical remains point out the facade in front the sea was the best decorated. This building presents vain trapezoidal reason why it is possible to indicate that it was built during the Inca time
– Car with air-conditioning.
– Professional tour guide in English, French or Spanish.
– Entrance fees.
Free! Free cancellation up to 3 days before the activity starts. If you cancel under this time or do not show up, you will not be refunded.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything
BOOKING: “PACHACAMAC EXCURSION”
Group Tour (14 people maximum): US$ 60.00 per person.
* For Costs in Private Service Contact Us here.
Shore Excursions from Callao
Lima Historic Excursion
City Tour and Larco Museum
Shore Excursion from San Martin
Ballestas and Paracas Excursion
Shore Excursion from Salaverry
Special Private Excursion
Machu Picchu Expedition