We will visit the archaeological site of Pachacamac, located about one hour from Callao port. It was the most important religious sanctuary in this region. It is placed on the right riverbank of Lurín River and occupies an area of 200 hectares.
The sanctuary was built during the influence of the Wari civilization and was in use during the Inca Empire until the time when the Spaniards looted the site and destroy the wooden idol of Pachacamac.
We will visit the Site Museum and after that we will walk to visit the different sections of the complex such as: the Accllahuasi or the temple of the Moon, the Plaza of the Pilgrims and the temple of the Sun.
The Temple of the Sun
This construction is 40 meters height, it is the tallest in the sanctuary and the best preserved.
The Temple Primigenio
It is a construction made in small adobes that permit to suppose it was one of the first structures of the place.
The historical remains point out the facade in front the sea was the best decorated. This building presents vain trapezoidal reason why it is possible to indicate that it was built during the Inca time.
The Taurichumpi Complex
It is known with this name because of was the residence of the curaca Taurichumpi during the Spanish invasion.
Other constructions are: the Temple of the Moon or Acllahuasi, the Plaza of the Pilgrims, the Group of Huacas or Palacios and the Pachacamac temple.
- * Minimun of 2 adults required
4 hours aprox.
English or french.
– Professional Tour Guide (English or French).
– Car with air-conditioning.
– Entrance fees.
– Tip: It is strictly voluntary.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything