The tour begins with a visit to historic downtown Lima, also known as “the City of the Kings”. Stops include the Main Square of Lima, upon which sits the Government Palace. We will visit the Cathedral and as well the San Francisco convent with the catacombs.
In the Cathedral we will see in the interior the altarpieces of Saint Toribio de Mogrovejo, Saint John the Baptist and the Lady of the Candles. In the baptistery is located the Francisco Pizarro crypt. Inside a lead box is placed his skull.
San Francisco is the most important religious complex of Lima. Among the most outstanding in the church stands out the tiles that were brought from Seville donated by different people, among them Catalina Huanca, goddaughter of Francisco Pizarro who arrived from Huancayo with fifty mules charged with gold and silver.
Under the temple the highlight are the catacombs where is estimated were buried near twenty-five thousand people.
We continue to the modern district of San Isidro where will see on the route Huaca Pucllana, a Pre-Incan adobe pyramid; afterwards, you will head to Miraflores, a district filled with tourist attractions, and stop off at the “Parque del Amor” (a sort of lover’s lane) and its incredible view of the Pacific Ocean.
- * Minimun of 2 adults required
4 hours aprox.
English or french.
– Professional Tour Guide (English or French).
– Car with air-conditioning.
– Entrance fees.
– Tip: It is strictly voluntary.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything