06:30 Hours – We will pick up you from your hotel. By private car we take the Panamerican highway until (184 kilometers) Supe and from here we have 20 kilometers to Caral. In total there are 3 hours away.
As the oldest known city in the Americas, the archeological site of Caral is among Peru’s most impressive ruins and makes a popular day trip from nearby Lima. The UNESCO World Heritage listed site covers an area of around 60 hectares in the arid Supe Valley and was first inhabited between 2600 B.C. and 2000 B.C. It occupies an extension of 66 hectares. The principal or nuclear area is composed by 32 structures public, several residential groups and an area in the periphery. Inside the nuclear space the buildings were distributed in two big halves:
Caral Alto, in the north side and Caral Bajo, in the south.
In Caral Alto stand out the Central Pyramid, the Pyramid of the Quarry, the Main Pyramid, the Minor Pyramid, the Pyramid of the Gallery and the Pyramid of the Huanca (sacred stone).
Caral Bajo is composed by public buildings of smaller dimensions. Here were built the houses of the officials and a smaller residential group . The following buildings stand out: The Temple of the Amphitheater, the Temple of the Bench, and the Temple of the Circular Altar.
After the visit we have time for lunch and finally we will come back to Lima.
18:30 Hours – Arrival at the hotel in Lima.
- * Minimun of 2 adults required
English or french.
– Professional Tour Guide (English or French).
– Car with air-conditioning.
– Entrance fees.
– Tip: It is strictly voluntary.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything