(3 days / 2 nights)
DAY 1: CHAVIN DE HUANTAR
– Early in the morning transfer from the bus station to the hotel in Huaraz.
– In the early morning, we will go to the UNESCO-listed ruins of Chavin de Huantar. During the scenic 3-hour drive to the ruins, your guide provides historical information about the pre-Incan settlement. On the route we will stop at Querococha Lake and Tunel de Cahuish.
In Chavin de Huantar we will discover imposing temples shrouded in pre-Inca history and then browse a vast collection of artifacts in the on-site museum. You will see the only one Cabeza Clava(Head in stone) in situ, Lanzón monolítico Monolithic Lanzon one of the main icons for Chavín, the facade, the square plaza and galleries.
– Lunch in a local restaurant.
– Overnight in Huaraz.
DAY 2: HUASCARAN NATIONAL PARK – LLANGANUCO LAGOON – YUNGAY
– We will travel to the north through the Callejon de Huaylas Valley, stopping in several different villages with scenic overlook points. The first stop is in Anta, where you can admire the Cordillera Blanca Mountain Range from a natural lookout point. In Carhuaz, the second stop, you can taste traditional homemade ice cream. In Yungay you will visit Campo Santo, which was made by the earthquake and avalanche from Mount Huascaran in 1970.
Continue your journey along a winding road to reach Chinancocha Lagoon situated at 3,863 meters above sea level, located in a deep gorge between the Llanganuco Huandoy and Huascaran Mountains, where you will have time to take a walk around the lake or go on a boat.
During the return we will stop in the village of Caraz to walk around the main plaza where the locals produce natural manjares (local delicacies). On the way back to Huaraz, we will stop in Tarica village to see the famous artisan handicrafts.
– Overnight in Huaraz.
DAY 3: PASTORURI GLACIER
– We will drive to the south side of Huaraz. At 25 km we will visit Recuay province at 3300 masl, and continue to Ticampampa 3400 masl, Catac 3500 masl, continue to Pachacoto. From here we will turn east side by unpaved road wonderful landscape of highlands full of straw and cold wind, traditional for sheep herders. After 15km from highway we will stop next to small lake called Patococha for birds watching. The next stop will be at Gasified water stream drinkable gasified water flowing underground, then continue to next stop at enormous flowers of Puya Raymondi. Small lake at Pumapampa changing color is effect of radiation of the sun and mineral containing rocky inside the water.
Continue to petroglyph paints and finally, we will arrive to Pastoruri parking place, from here to get the Ice Mountain is about 1 kilometer. Once here you will enjoy walking around and visit the Iced Lake and Ice cave.
– Transfer to the bus station.
|Andino Club Hotel||$550||$305|
English or french.
– 02 breakfasts.
– 02 nights accommodation.
– Private Tours.
– English speaking tour guide.
– Entrance fees.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything
Peru North Expedition
Trujillo In Mud and Color
Trujillo – Chiclayo
Trujillo – Cajamarca